It’s estimated that multinational corporations and high-net-worth individuals have placed over $7.6 trillion in offshore companies. As the US cuts corporate tax rates and the EU considers tougher tax measures, what is the best way to reduce tax avoidance and tax evasion globally? This session was developed in partnership between World Economic Forum and France 24.
- Winnie Byanyima, Executive Director, Oxfam International, United Kingdom
- Paschal Donohoe, Minister for Finance of Ireland
- Pierre Moscovici, Commissioner for Economic and Financial Affairs, Taxation and Customs, European Commission, Brussels
- Davide Serra, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Algebris Investments (UK), United Kingdom
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, Professor, School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), Columbia University, USA
- Moderated by Stephen Carroll, Business Editor, France 24, France